Sonoco, one of the largest diversified global packaging companies, has invested in a state-of-the-art, direct-to-sheet digital printing press for the production of point-of-purchase displays and other promotional packaging. The high-speed, 6-colour press enables brand owners to respond quickly to a dynamic retail and shopper environment without the need for costly overruns or printing plates.
“Customer reaction has been remarkable. From personal healthcare to home improvement clients, they see the power this game-changing technology for their brands at the First Moment of Truth,” said Jeffrey Tomaszewski, division vice president and general manager, Rigid Paper and Closures North America and Display and Packaging. “With our new digital printing press, we can drive a speed-to-market advantage for our customers that is difficult to beat.”
Sonoco’s digital solution offers several advantages over traditional flexography/lithography, including:
- Improved print quality and display strength due to a touch-free printing process
- Reduced cost and lead time from the elimination of printing plates
- Flexibility and short-run advantages due to the lack of price penalties for smaller quantities
- Nearly unlimited customization opportunities from 100 percent digital processes
- Durable, fade-resistant printing made possible by high-quality UV inks